Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stormy!

The headline on today's Daytona Beach News-Journal was "Fay's Fickle Finger Points At Us!" like it was the scariest thing ever. So, I checked the projection:



It's pretty overcast but the rain hasn't actually started and I'm really not worried. I guess it's a blessing and a curse to have the attitude most people born and raised in Pinellas County have about hurricanes - usually nothing happens (Pinellas hasn't been hit directly by a hurricane since 1921 [thanks to Chief White Cap, haha]), so you expect nothing to happen, which means you don't end up wasting time with evacuations and wasting money with bottled water and plywood for the windows. However, if a big one were to hit, I obviously wouldn't know until it was on top of us. And since I don't live in Pinellas now, I guess maybe I should pay a bit more attention.

I'm still not worried.

No comments: