Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Green Thumbs

Ok, I know I said I was going to post this, like, three days ago, but then we were having all these problems with our internet and it was frustrating and I didn't get around to it. However, our system has been updated with a new router AND a new modem instead of our old crappity 2-in-1 deal and we no longer have cable. It's weird but I think I'll get used to it pretty quickly. I will miss The Colbert Report, though:


Anyhoo, let's get on with it. Here are some pictures of my lovely porch garden!


(From left): Mint, ???, avocado tree. (Notice the lovely busted chairs on the neighbors porch.)


A closer picture of ???. If you recognize it, let me know!


Minty!


All my little sprouting pots.


Top left is Jalapenos, top right is basil.


Tree thingy I don't know the name of. Some kind of fig?


(From left): Oregano, parsley, marjoram.


Random hanging plant that I don't know the name of, either.


My beautiful Desert Rose, which I found out is Adenium Obesum and this variety is called "Noble Concubine".


Desert Rose again.


The whole thing. I'm thinking of cutting part of one of the stems and grafting it to try to make another branch off the main trunk part. Can't do that until after "winter rest", though. We'll see.

Well, that's really the whole thing...it's a small porch. Know the names of any of these? Lemme know!

P.S. This post took me like an hour and a half to finish because I started playing Farm Hustle, which is one of the cutest and most addictive flash games EVER! Go play!!!

No comments: